today.

posted on: Monday 1 July 2013


for the past few weeks, i have been meaning to go up to leeds to see my grandma during the week and have a nice day with her. originally, i was going to go on the train and meet her in the city, but i decided i wanted to drive over as i want to get more accustomed to the journey (driving it rather than being a passenger) and let me tell you, by the time i got there i was ready to sleep. i never really thought about how much you have to concentrate when driving on a motorway long distance. it's constant brain activity and you're constantly looking around you to make sure you're being safe. 
my dad ended up coming along as he wasn't thrilled with the idea of me driving over by myself (can you say only child?) but in the end i was really glad he came; we all had a laugh and he drove us back home (so i could switch my brain off - thanks, john!) 
we took my grandma out for lunch and filled ourselves up with delicious food then went to kirkstall abbey (which was shut, womp womp) and walked around the park. of course we got ice cream from the ice cream van (i haven't had a 99 with sherbet since i was a child and man did it make me feel old!) 
it was so lovely to spend the day with my grandma. she's such an amazing woman and i love her to pieces! 

make sure you've followed me over on bloglovin' so you can keep up to date with blog posts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment